How do I brush my teeth with a sonic toothbrush?
A sonic toothbrush is currently the dentist’s most recommended device for daily oral care. However, to fully enjoy the benefits it provides, you need to know how to clean your teeth with it. Using an electric toothbrush differs significantly from brushing with a classic manual toothbrush. A sonic toothbrush does all the brushing automatically, so you should move it slowly and gently over successive parts of your tooth arch, without any sudden movements. What else do you need to know about using a sonic device?
How should I properly brush my teeth with a sonic toothbrush?
It’s not difficult to brush your teeth with a sonic toothbrush. Even children and the elderly should be able to handle it. When using a sonic device, the most important thing (as in the case of manual toothbrushes) is not the proper cleaning technique but rather delicacy and subtlety. First, you should remember not to press the bristles of the device against your teeth too hard. This can irritate and damage the enamel, and, contrary to what you might think, it doesn’t increase the effectiveness of the cleaning at all.
Here’s how to clean your teeth with a sonic toothbrush in six easy steps.
- Wet the bristles of your sonic toothbrush with water. This will make it easier to spread the toothpaste.
- Put a pea-sized amount of toothpaste onto the bristles.
- Place the toothbrush in your mouth, gently press the brush head against your teeth, and then switch on the brush.
- Gently and slowly guide the bristles of the toothbrush across the arch. Try to spend about 30 seconds on each of the four quadrants of your teeth (you may use the timer on the toothbrush to help you with this).
- After the recommended two minutes of cleaning, the toothbrush should turn off automatically. Rinse your mouth with water to remove any toothpaste residue and bacteria from your mouth.
- Finally, clean your toothbrush. Remove the cleaning head from the handle and rinse it very thoroughly with water. If necessary, remove any toothpaste residue and dirt from the handle as well.
Like any toothbrush, you should brush your teeth with a sonic toothbrush at least twice a day. However, it’s a good idea to use a sonic toothbrush after every meal for the best oral hygiene.
Automatic Cleaning Assist Systems
Modern sonic toothbrushes are so advanced that they allow you to measure the correct time for brushing. For example, Smilesonic sonic toothbrushes have special timers: a two-minute timer that automatically switches off the toothbrush after the one hundred and twenty seconds recommended by dentists, and a thirty-second interval that makes sure all areas of your mouth are covered during brushing. All you have to do is divide your teeth into four sections, and the interval every thirty seconds with a brief pause of the device will signal you when it’s time to brush the next area.
Timers aren’t the only convenience that Smilesonic sonic toothbrushes have to offer. It’s also worth noting the system that automatically remembers the last mode you selected. Thanks to this system, when you switch the toothbrush on, your favorite cleaning program is instantly set. It may seem like a small convenience, but it’s really useful!
Why should you brush your teeth with a sonic toothbrush?
To sum up: it’s easy to see that a sonic toothbrush makes brushing your teeth much more comfortable than a manual one. But that’s not the only reason it’s worth buying a sonic toothbrush. A sonic toothbrush is the best possible choice for daily oral care, first and foremost because:
- it works great with plaque – in this respect sonic toothbrushes outperform not only manual ones but also electric ones;
- It can clean interdental spaces – using a sonic toothbrush removes debris from even the deepest recesses of your mouth;
- whitens teeth – after just a few times of brushing with a sonic toothbrush your enamel should become significantly brighter;
- improves gum health – the special technology of sonic toothbrush operation enables the devices not only to effectively clean your teeth, but also to provide a healthy massage for your gums;
- guarantees the highest level of safety – as a sonic toothbrush needs only to be guided gently along the teeth, it does not threaten enamel and is safe for fillings and implants;
- it can be used by everyone, including very young children – we recommend the Smilesonic KIDS sonic toothbrush for children;
- it has a long-lasting battery – the batteries installed in Smilesonic sonic toothbrushes can last up to two months on a single charge (in Sensitive mode);
- it offers a variety of cleaning options – thanks to the many modes that sonic toothbrushes have to offer, everyone can easily choose the way of cleaning to suit their own needs.
If you’re still brushing your teeth with a manual toothbrush and you’re thinking of replacing it with a sonic toothbrush, take a look at the devices from Smilesonic, a British brand. You may like the Smilesonic EX toothbrush, which has been named the best sonic toothbrush of 2021 in numerous rankings.