Showing all 4 results
Smilesonic toothbrushes stand out with their unique design, highest operational speed and great functionality. Depending on the model, they offer three modes, and the set includes up to four exchangeable heads with different effects.
Even children will know how to use Smilesonic devices because the toothbrushes have only a single button. The lithium-ion battery installed in the brushes makes it possible to brush teeth without the need to charge the device for up to two months! Because of that, the hygiene of the oral cavity becomes even more comfortable and pleasant.
Check out the functioning of state-of-the-art innovative sonic toothbrushes that provide the perfect hygiene for your oral cavity. Sonic toothbrushes can be used by all people who demand maximum efficiency and precision when brushing teeth. Select a sonic device and you will feel the difference after the first use.
What is a sonic toothbrush?
Standard electric toothbrushes are based on circular movements and perform up to over a dozen thousand such movements per minute. Sonic toothbrushes are the new generation that is characterised by the technology of sound waves. A sonic device performs sweeping movements, which enable the effective cleaning of the teeth and places that are hard to reach, removing plaque and tartar.
Modern sonic toothbrushes operate with the speed as high as 96 000 sonic vibrations per minute. They also have batteries with higher capacity. Sonic technology allows sound waves to reach interdental spaces, ensuring maximum efficiency and functionality.
How sonic toothbrushes work?
No idea how a sonic toothbrush works? It’s quite simple! The device operates with the frequency of at least 260 MHz. It creates sound waves that cause vibrations reaching as far as 4 mm away from the bristles. This leads to the formation of micro bubbles that strike the surface of the teeth, removing bacteria and plaque. Sonic toothbrushes clean interdental spaces where regular bristles are unable to reach. The devices are characterised by sweeping movements, improving the cleaning of areas that are difficult to reach when compared to toothbrushes that use circular movements.
Many specialists agree that sonic toothbrushes are one of the most effective tools for oral hygiene, which is confirmed by numerous studies. The use of sonic toothbrushes ensures the highest level of cleaning.
The difference between sonic toothbrushes and electric ones
The first difference between a sonic toothbrush and an electric one is related to the head. In sonic toothbrushes, the head is characterised by an elongated shape, in electric ones – by a circular shape. Electric toothbrushes may perform three types of movements – oscillating, circular and pulsating, whereas sonic toothbrushes only perform sweeping-pulsating movements that enable the effective removal of discolouration and food remains.
Sonic toothbrushes operate on the basis of sound waves emitted by a generator that is located in the toothbrush. High frequency (260 MHz at minimum) causes sound waves to effectively break the chains of bacteria that accumulate in the oral cavity.
Thanks to the waves, the bristles are stimulated to move quickly. The waves go as far as 4 mm away from the bristles, stimulating saliva and toothpaste particles to mix together and transition to gas form, which then leads to the release of active ingredients and the dissemination on the surface of teeth. The microbubbles that are formed reach difficult areas in the oral cavity, cleaning them from microorganisms and plaque.
All of this translates to high effectiveness of tooth brushing, which is noticeable especially in relation to interdental spaces, where the combination of saliva toothpaste and water finds its way, removing broken bacteria chains. This is what differentiates sonic toothbrushes from electric ones.
Are sonic toothbrushes better than electric ones?
Studies show that a sonic toothbrush is several times better at removing plaque than a manual toothbrush. However, are sonic toothbrushes better than electric ones? It depends on the specific model. There is no doubt that both device types are more effective than traditional toothbrushes, but the way they operate is different. In sonic toothbrushes, the bristles move from side to side, performing at least about a dozen thousand sweeping movements per minute. Additionally, when brushing, saliva and toothpaste particles get mixed and combined together, penetrating the difficult sites in the oral cavity. This effect is impossible to achieve for manual or electric toothbrushes.
A sonic or electric toothbrush – which one should you choose?
There is no question that both types are significantly better than a manual toothbrush because they protect the teeth against caries and other illnesses of the oral cavity. The final choice depends on our individual needs. Sonic devices are recommended to people with gum hypersensitivity because they operate more delicately. It is worth to check out the opinions of other users and experts before purchasing a toothbrush.
Which sonic toothbrush should you choose?
The choice of a sonic toothbrush is not an easy one to make. We should pay attention to several important parameters, including: the operating speed, the number of modes, pressure control sensor, timers, bristle wear indicator, smartphone app integration, the number of heads in the set, etc. Aside from that, it is also worth to consider the availability of additional accessories.
The advantages of sonic toothbrushes
- Sonic toothbrushes guarantee the highest quality oral care, which is the result of high frequency sweeping movements and functions that improve the comfort of use. A very important aspect is the effective removal of plaque, which is responsible for caries (among other problems). A manual toothbrush is unable to reach all areas of the oral cavity. Want to buy a sonic toothbrush? Get to know its advantages.
- Sonic toothbrushes are safe for the enamel and gums. You can choose a head that has the bristles that are right for you, and that has a specific purpose, e.g., teeth-whitening properties.
- This type of device is also characterised by ease of use, which means it is meant for both adults and kids. The number of operating modes and the adjustable movement speed allows every user to make the best use of the device’s potential and to adapt it to one’s personal needs.
- Some sonic toothbrush models are equipped with a 6-axis gyroscope, which monitors the effectiveness of brushing. The results are displayed after the whole process is finished. This allows us to change some of our habits in order to brush our teeth even more effectively.
- The presence of functions that facilitate tooth brushing is also important. Most devices of this type are very energy-efficient, we do not have to charge them very often. Some models even allow for two-month’s use without the need to plug in the charger.
- Sonic toothbrushes are recommended to both adults and children over 6 years old.
- They are equipped with several operating modes, the most common ones being: everyday cleaning, delicate brushing, whitening, gum massage, etc. Some models also feature a pressure strength indicator that warns about excessive pressure put on teeth surface.
- The most technologically advanced sonic toothbrushes are equipped with Bluetooth that allows the use of an app that detects the location of the device, or even face recognition. Thanks to the app we know if our cleaning was thorough.
- Another important function is the measurement of the correct time of brushing. There should be a timer that switches the device off after two minutes. Additionally, a quadpacer can inform the user every 30 seconds about the necessity to change the area of brushing.
Other advantages of sonic toothbrushes – they also:
- improve the colour of the teeth
- provide fresh breath
- ensure thorough and intense brushing
- effectively remove plaque
- protect against tartar
- make it easy to replace the heads
- are equipped with intelligent operating modes
- improve oral hygiene and the condition of the teeth
- improve the protection of teeth against illnesses
- reduce discolouration after coffee, tea and wine
- remove bacteria from areas that are hard to reach
- control the duration of brushing thanks to timers
- feature a gyroscope (some of them), thanks to which we can learn how to brush the teeth properly, and our progress will be visible in an app or on a touch-screen.
Who will benefit the most from a sonic toothbrush?
Sonic toothbrushes are products for everybody. Even those with orthodontic braces can choose special models of these devices. Sonic toothbrushes are recommended to those with hypersensitive gums, teeth and gum illnesses, and those who would like to have whiter teeth. Everyone that would like to experience the highest-level tooth brushing should decide to purchase a sonic device for oral hygiene. Sonic devices can also be used by children.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about sonic toothbrushes
How to care for your sonic toothbrush?
You should appropriately care for your sonic toothbrush so that it can effectively remove plaque. Wipe your device dry after each use. Also, make sure the device is properly charged, which will prolong the life of the battery. Do not allow the battery to discharge completely.
How to clean a sonic toothbrush?
Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Remember that a sonic toothbrush that is maintained in a good state works better. Do not allow bacteria to accumulate on its surface. Follow these recommendations:
- Rinse the bristles of the toothbrush after brushing, making sure to remove the remaining toothpaste and food.
- Wipe the grip dry.
- Disinfect the toothbrush at a special UV station designed for this purpose.
How often should you replace the head of a sonic toothbrush?
The bristles of a sonic toothbrush lose properties after about 3 months of use. They get warped, bent and covered with dirt. The deformation appears faster when we put too much pressure on the teeth. Some models of sonic toothbrushes have a pressure control indicator that informs the user when too much strength is used when brushing.
What toothpaste will be the best for your sonic toothbrush?
When choosing the toothpaste for your sonic toothbrush, you should pay attention to the relative dentin abrasion (RDA) value, the amount of foaming substances and the texture. If the toothpaste is not dense enough, a large number of sonic vibrations will make the mixture splash. Products for sonic toothbrushes should not feature too many abrasive substances, as the way the device operates already allows for the effective removal of plaque and surface sediments. If you have a sonic toothbrush, select a toothpaste with a lower RDA value.
How much does a sonic toothbrush cost?
Of course, the price depends on the brand, the number of available modes and functions that facilitate tooth brushing. The least expensive sonic toothbrushes cost 100 PLN. The more advanced models, e.g., those with touch-screens and gyroscopes cost about 300-400 PLN. The more expensive models feature improved technology and a better battery.
How to brush your teeth with a sonic toothbrush?
If you would like to brush your teeth properly with a sonic toothbrush, follow several steps:
- Delicately rinse the head of the toothbrush.
- Put the toothpaste on the bristles.
- Put the head of the toothbrush in your mouth.
- Set the head at a 45-degree angle against the gum line and activate the device.
- Use circular movements. Do not put a lot of pressure on the teeth and gums.
- After the right amount of time necessary to brush the teeth, rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash.
- Clean the head of the toothbrush.
- Put the toothbrush away.
Can children use sonic toothbrushes?
There are no reasons why children shouldn’t use sonic toothbrushes. Of course, the device for children should operate at a lower speed, and its head should be a bit smaller and equipped with soft bristles. A sonic toothbrush is a good choice for children due to the sweeping movements that are delicate for the gums.
What makes sonic toothbrushes special?
The thing that makes sonic toothbrushes stand out is, most of all, the effective yet delicate cleaning of teeth. The technique of brushing is simple. It is enough to put the head of the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gum line, and hold it for 2-3 seconds on every tooth, and then move to the next one.
How to provide the best oral care?
Make sure you have the right model of a sonic toothbrush. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time. You can also use dental floss or a water flosser that will help you clean interdental spaces more effectively. Also, make sure you follow the proper brushing technique.
Are electric toothbrushes worse than sonic ones?
Both toothbrush types are better at oral care than manual ones. It is difficult to point out the device that is better because a lot depends on the specific models. However, sonic toothbrushes usually remove more plaque.
What distinguishes a modern sonic toothbrush?
A modern sonic toothbrush has many functions that have an influence on the comfort of use, including timers, several cleaning modes, a touch-screen, a pressure strength indicator, or a large number of vibrations per minute.
Oral hygiene when using a sonic toothbrush is easy
In our offer, you will find many high quality sonic toothbrushes that will clean your teeth effectively, while also providing proper protection for your gums. Add one of the products to your cart, wait for the delivery and enjoy excellent quality!